Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A bit of this and that

I've picked up more shifts for work, and even though it takes up most of my day, I'm still determined to try and do something new everyday. 

Today I made banana-wheat germ muffins using a recipe from my Veganomnicon cookbook. Wheat-germ is the most nutritional part of the wheat grain. It's known to be high in protein and folic acid and is loaded with lots of other nutrients necessary for good health and well being (find out more about it here and here). 


For a bit of decoration I put from dried banana on top which I made using my dehydrator. I served these babies while they were still warm with a bit of vegan almond ice cream that I made. I love when all the non-vegans in my life like the food I eat, and my family seemed to really like these.

I also got around to watching the movies My Neighbor Totoro and Princess Mononoke which are both directed by Hayao Miyazaki. My Neighbour Totoro was a totally cute family friendly movie. My brother really enjoyed it, and it was a very short movie, so it's great for anyone with a short attention span. 

I thought Princess Mononoke was a good movie. I didn't like it as much as Spirited Away or Howl's Moving Castle - two movies also directed by Hayao Miyazaki - but it's still worth watching. I love a good love story too, and this movie had a nice one :)

                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment