Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

I was on a plane flying from Las Vegas to Chicago with my mum and Grandma when the clock ticked over to 2013. Unfortunately there was no big countdown. No one opened a bottle of bubbly or popped party poppers. In terms of a new years kiss...I kissed my mum and grandma on the cheek...does that count? 

One of the reasons I've been looking forward to 2013 is because a friend of mine gave me a one year Bible. It's set out all nicely so that you read a bit of scripture everyday and by the end of the year you would have read it all. It was one of the most thoughtful gifts I've ever received. There wasn't even an occasion. She gave me the Bible just because she knew I'd like it. I love it.

My trip to America was very spontaneous. My family found out that my grandma was in hospital so mum and I booked tickets a week before we flew out. My new years eve may not have been a lot of people's idea of starting the year off with a bang, but it was pretty great for me. I guess I'm just strange that way. So how was your new years eve?



No comments:

Post a Comment