Thursday, January 24, 2013

Icy pops

Technically I made these icy pops yesterday, but they needed a day to freeze so I could only eat them today. I've been wanting to make icy poles/ice pops/popsicles (whatever you want to call them) for awhile, but could never find the moulds. It was only after I told my mum that I wanted to buy the moulds that she went out to Target and Big W to buy me some. She's sweet that way. 

I spent last night searching for fruity recipes, but a lot of them took more effort than just whizzing it up in the blender. I found heaps of great recipes which I will try later, but as soon as i saw a banana and peanut butter recipe, I had to try that one first. I love the banana and peanut butter combination. It's the perfect marriage of creamy, salty and sweet. 

I got the original recipe from here, but I made a few alternations and they still turned out yummy.

My vegan version of the Crunch Peanut Butter-Banana Icy Pops:
2 Large bananas
1 cup vanilla soy milk
1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
5 tablespoons 100% crunch peanut butter

Method: Blend everything in the food processor and pour into ice pop moulds. Leave a bit of space at the top as the mixture will expand as it freezes. 

Note: Before you take them out of the moulds, place them in some warm water so that they can be removed easily. 

My little brother enjoying his icy pop :)

No comments:

Post a Comment