Wednesday, January 16, 2013

New things at any age

I've been wanting to take my dad to the movies for a long time. The last movie he's been to was 30 years ago when he first came to Australia. At that point, he couldn't understand English very well and so he had no idea what the movie was about. All he can remember was that he went to an outdoor cinema in Innaloo and that it was a Western.

I took my dad to go see The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey yesterday with my little brother. Dad has been obsessed with Lord of the Rings after watching a feature on New Zealand and all the places that LotR was filmed. Dad was so excited about seeing the movie and we made it a truly legit cinema experience by buying popcorn and a drink. I love that you can still be doing new and exciting things and any age. 


No comments:

Post a Comment