Monday, January 7, 2013

No fresh prince in this 'Bellaire'

It has been so challenging trying to find decent vegan food for the past few days. We've been on the road a lot and most of our stops have just been at the big fast food joints. We arrived in Houston today on our way to visit another of my mum's uncles. We went to the Grand Buffet in Bellaire and it was vegan galore. One of my favourite Vietnamese dishes is banh xeo (Vietnamese crepe/pancake) and normally it's eaten with fish sauce. At this particular restaurant, they even had vegan "fish" sauce. Heaven. Just heaven. It was the best meal I've had in days, and even though it's not anything special, I've never been to a buffet which had so much Vietnamese food and this is something I definitely won't forget and something that makes me have love for Houston.

Apologies for all those people out there against instagram photos of food, but there was just so much good vegan friendly food!

No comments:

Post a Comment