Friday, January 18, 2013

Real fruit, seriously flat

Yesterday I finally got the chance to use the dehydrator that my sister bought for me as a graduation present at the beginning of last year. I've been itching to use it but I could never find the time, and when you dehydrate something you have to commit because it takes hours and hours. 
I've read recipes for making fruit leather but have never tried it before, so yesterday I found some canned crushed pineapple and a tiny mango that my mum picked from our mango tree, whizzed then up in the food processor and made fruit leather.  
It took 16 hours for it dehydrate, but when it was done, it tasted so good. It reminds me of the Uncle Toby's Fruit Roll-ups that I ate as a kid. This fruit leather that I made wasn't as sticky and it was guilt free because I didn't add any extra sugar. 





1 comment:

  1. WOW!! That's crazy amazing!! I didn't even know you could do that!! YUMMY!! Do you know where your sister got the dehydrator from??
    I'd love to give it a go :D
    Maddy B

    ReplyDelete