Thursday, February 14, 2013

Popcorn

Whenever I go to the movies, the aroma of popcorn is like heaven on earth, but I never get to satisfy my craving for popcorn because it's made with butter. Luckily, I haven't had to cut out popcorn completely because some caramel popcorn and kettle corn (lightly coated with icing sugar) is made to be vegan friendly. 

As yummy as popcorn is covered in sugar, it actually makes for a pretty healthy snack when air popped without the fatty sugary goodness. But my tastebuds would not be happy with just plain popcorn. I googled some popcorn recipes and found a bunch which range from cinnamon to chilli popcorn. I've never had anything other than buttered, kettle or caramel popcorn and so I thought I might change things up a little. I went and bought myself a popcorn maker the other day and finally put it into good use. I opted for savoury popcorn today and seasoned it with a bit of soya bean oil spray, garlic powder, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper for a bit of bite. 

I've never had this flavoured popcorn before, but I love spices anyways so I really enjoyed munching on this snack :) I think next time I'll sprinkle a bit of cacao power and cinnamon powder over my popcorn for a guilt-free snack to satisfy my sweet tooth. 





No comments:

Post a Comment