Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Vegan lasagna

I love trying new vegan recipes, and I love hanging out with friends. Today I killed two birds with one stone. My friend loves lasagna, but he doesn't cook. So we decided that I would teach him. He's not vegan but agreed to cook a vegan lasagna recipe with me. I got the recipe from the show Good Chef Bad Chef website which you can find here

It was really fun making this because it's something I've never done before. I've neither cooked a lasagna from scratch or cooked a vegan dish with a friend. We made the mistake of cooking this around lunch time before actually eating anything. It took a whopping 4 hours to make this lasagna (this includes the time taken to go to the nearby Woolworths and buy the ingredients). By the time it was cooked and ready to eat, we were dying of starvation. My friend has never eaten homemade vegan food before and we joked that even if it tasted terrible, we were too hungry to even care. Luckily though, it tasted pretty good. I love when vegan food gets approval from non-vegans :) 

I really appreciate my friend taking the time out to do something I'm passionate about. However, the poor guy wasn't used to eating so healthy and had a stomach ache later on in the day. I really should have just ended my post by saying all was well and that it was another win for the vegan community, but alas, I think my friend will stick to his KFC and Maccas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment