Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Himalayan Nepalese Restaurant & Cafe

I've made some really great friends in my Masters of Nursing Science degree. Postgraduate study is so different to undergrad in many ways, one of which is that I've met a lot more people who are a few years older than me. I like that I'm not limted to only knowing people who are my age. The friends I've made in my Masters course have a lot of life experience under their belt and conversations with them are always so interesting.

Something else that I really enjoy about my group of nursing friends is that we are all so multicultural. Including myself we've got Vietnamese, Kenyan, Mauritian, Singaporean, Korean and Filipino ethnic backgrounds just to name a few. I love it I love it I love it. We are all so different, but we are all the same in that we love each other's company. Being culturally aware is so important in this day and age. It saddens me when people are not willing to accept the beauty in another culture. 

It is through these nursing friends of mine that I've been and tried lots of new things. Tonight we celebrated one of the girl's birthdays at a Himalayan Nepalese restaurant. I've never had this type of cuisine before and it is another place in Perth that I didn't know existed. 

The food was similar to the Indian and Middle Eastern style of cooking. Everything was very fragrant with plenty of spices. There was naan bread, paratha, roti, rice, curries...you name it. It was all there and it was all tasty.

There was six of us in total, and we ordered enough to cover the entire table with plates and serving dishes. Yes the food was good, but the company of my friends made everything taste even better.










No comments:

Post a Comment