Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Vietnamese seitan baguette with savory broth dip

I pulled out my favourite cookbook the Veganomicon today and whipped up one of the 'sammich' recipes. I made a Vietnamese seitan baguette with savory broth dip. So quick and easy to make and something very new to me.

From what I've seen on Man Vs Food, there are a lot of meaty sandwiches which are dipped in or covered with broth (i.e. whatever the meat was cooked in with a bit more flavouring added to it). At first I didn't like the idea of eating soggy bread, but I'm all for trying new things so I put that thought aside.

The sammich was actually really nice and the soggy bread didn't bother me as much as I'd thought because the broth was really yum. The broth recipe called for five spice, ginger, garlic, chilli, lemon, vegetable broth and soy sauce. It was a very good flavour combination.

This dish probably isn't meant to be eaten neatly, but if you want more food in your gob and less on the plate, then make sure you cut the sammich to a good size :)


No comments:

Post a Comment