Monday, May 6, 2013

Liquorice Gourmet Foods

When I went to Melbourne the other week, I asked my sister what she wanted me to bring back for her. All she asked for was for me to get some raspberry twists from a candy stand called The Sugar Station. They are set up around Melbourne in various shopping centre complexes; but they are only located in the eastern states. 

I managed to find a Sugar Station and cleaned out pretty much the whole tray of raspberry twists. Unfortunately, when I was packing my suitcase to go home I had mistaken the plastic bag of raspberry twists for an empty rubbish bag. I was absolutley devetsted because my sister always brings home gifts for me and this was my chance to get her something she really wanted.

Ever since coming home, I've been on the search for the exact same raspberry twists. 

Today I came across an amazing store called Liquorice Gourmet Foods. I don't really know how to classify it because it has walls and isles full of lollies, spices and teas for you to scoop into a bag and pay by weight. 

I have never seen any shop quite like this one. Best of all, they sold the raspberry twists!

I didn't get much time to spend in the shop, but I know I'll go back for sure and take photos for you guys to see it. They also have a giant wall of loose leaf tea. I think I'll make it a mission to try each type of tea. I didn't even though there were so many different kinds. My mind was totally blown. 

There are Liquorice stores are located around Perth in Claremont, Joondalup and Duncraig. If you have a sweet tooth I definitely recommend that you go. Or if you're like me and have a thing for tea, then go check out the enourmous range they have. 

Photo from here.


Whenever I walk into a candy store, I automatically think of this scene from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory :) I watched this a lot while I was growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment