Friday, August 30, 2013

Marc and Angel repost #4

I'm reading new posts from the Marc and Angel Hack Life site all the time, but today I though I might share with you a new post that I read tonight. I strongly believe in a lot of the things that are written in this post, and I can say from experience at trying to apply these things to my own life and attitudes that it does indeed lead to a happier version of yourself. 

Feel free to read Marc and Angel's latest post: 8 Things Unhappy People Refuse to Admit. Let the words really sink in so that you can take away something meaningful from it. Number 1 and 7 on the list are particularly important to me. I find myself constantly telling people to make themselves their best friend. The way I see it, a best friend is always there for you. When you are sad they comfort you; they're someone whose company you enjoy; you readily forgive them for any shortcomings; you love them for who they are...and the list goes on. The person that you have to spend the most time with is yourself; become the type of person you'd want to spend every waking minute with. 

Number 7 on the list mentions being able to accept our true feelings. This is something that takes a lot of time to achieve, but will be worth it in the end. You can't fix a leaking tap if you keep telling yourself that it is the knob that is broken when really the problem is in the pipes. In much the same way, you can't resolve your own issues and problems if you aren't honest with yourself about how you feel. Sometimes admitting the truth is so difficult, but so is having to continue living with whatever problem you're facing. Choose to be the stronger version of you and face the truth head on. "Courage isn't a matter of not being frightened, you know. It's being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway.” -Jon Pertwee.

No comments:

Post a Comment