Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Mr Munchies Sushi, Mount Lawley

My friends and I braved the rain tonight for dinner and a catchup at Mr Munchies Sushi in Mount Lawley. I've seen so many posts on Instagram of the food from Mr Munchies and so I've been wanting to go for quite some time. 

Another thing that drew me to this place was that you could make your own custom sushi. There is a list of fillings and sauces and you can just pick and choose. This is very good for all you fellow vegans because you can make your own vegan friendly sushi. 

Luckily for me there was already a Mr Munchies' Veggie Lover Roll on the menu which had avocado, marinated eggplant and mushrooms. Choosing this saved me the pain of having to choose what ingredients I wanted in my own custom sushi. Going down that path and having to make decisions would have taken far too long.

The place was quite small, but nice and cosy. Service was lovely and the food was good. My friend ordered the teriyaki tofu which was really nice. All in all, the dining experience was good, and it didn't matter at all that we got wet from the rain just to get there :)

Just a note, I forgot to bring my camera along to dinner today so I had to make do with my phone. Not the best photos, but it'll have to do. 



From the top, going clockwise: Seaweed salad (love this stuff on my sushi!), miso soup, teriyaki tofu bento box.
Mr Munchies Veggie Lover Roll
One of the walls had this Astro Boy painting on it. Very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment