Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Vegan bun thit nuong cha gio (Vietnamese noodles with grilled "meat" and egg/spring rolls)

Back in February in my Vegan Banh Mi post, I listed down all the Vietnamese dishes that I have been able to find or make vegan versions of. I said in that post that I hoped the list was an ever growing one. Today I would like to happily announce that I have another addition to the list: vegan bun thit nuong cha gio! (Vietnamese noodles with grilled "meat" and spring rolls). 

So my list of veganized Vietnamese dishes is now:

Banh Xeo (Vietnamese pancake)
Pho
Banh bao
Banh chung (Lunar cake)
Goi cuon (Vietnamese rice paper rolls)
Banh mi thit
Bun thit nuong cha gio

This is one of my favourite traditional Vietnamese dishes. It is not at all vegan friendly, but after much planning and brain storming I managed to come up with my own vegan version of the much loved favourite. I haven't had this dish for over two years! Oh how I've missed it. 

The recipe is quite long because I made everything from scratch, but I will have it up soon! Watch this space :)

No comments:

Post a Comment