Saturday, September 28, 2013

Paranormal Activity & Wolf Creek

My friends and I have been planning on having a scary movie night for ages and we finally got our chance tonight. There's just something about getting together and inflicting fear into our minds that just gets my blood pumping. Yes, I am a huge fan of scary movies. Even though I get frightened sometimes, I really like that thrill. 

Keeping in tradition of any type of movie night, we gathered a whole bunch of snacks to munch on while we watched. Opposed to having purely junk food, we actually ended up having more good food than bad. For our healthy option, we had carrot and celery sticks with a homemade pumpkin dip, fresh fruit, nuts and roasted chick peas.



We ended up watching Paranormal Activity (the first one) and Wolf Creek. I hadn't seen Paranormal Activity but heard a few good reviews. I thought it was quite good. It wasn't as scary as I had anticipated, but I still found it watchable. For a horror movie, I give it 7/10. 

[ PARANORMAL ACTIVITY POSTER ]

Back when Wolf Creek first came out, I watched the first half but didn't end up watching the end because I was watching it on a Bali DVD copy and it kept freezing up. The girls and I really enjoyed this movie. Some parts of the movie definitely had us on the edge of our seats and cringing at the blood and gore. What freaked us out the most was the fact that this was based in Australia, so it hit home just a little bit more. I give it 8/10.


[ WOLF CREEK POSTER ]

If you're looking for a nice way to spend a night in, then you can't go past a movie night. It doesn't have to be with horror movies. Just grab some friends and a few of your favourites and you're in for a great time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment