Thursday, September 19, 2013

Vegan shepherd's pie

I hurt my neck this morning and spent most of the day in bed. I was meant to do a whole bunch of errands and go to work, but I couldn't. This just makes me really feel for all the people out there who have to live with chronic pain. Poor things. 

I still managed to get out of bed and try to have a productive day. I ended up making a vegan shepherd's pie. I haven't made a vegan version before and I really felt like a nice hearty meal while the weather has been so gloomy. 

I didn't really follow a recipe, so unfortunately I don't have one to share with you. I'd just like to say though, that no matter how bad at cooking you think you are, if you keep practising, you'll get to a point where you'll be able to just whip up a meal without needing a recipe :) But until then, here are two recipes for vegan shepherd's pie from Oh She Glows and Feasting at Home.

For my potato mash, I used half white potatoes and half a Japanese purple sweet potato. I would have liked my potato top to be lovely and white, but alas the purple sweet potato turned it a grey kind of cream colour. Still tasted delicious though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment