Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Vegan sticky date mug pudding

I had about 2 hours to do something new today. I've been flat out busy today and I got home at 10pm in desperate need of something new. Luckily, I had the idea to make a microwave cake in a mug as I was on my way home. I decided on sticky date pudding because I have not had this since before my vegan days...which is about 2 and a half years now. 

I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find a vegan recipe, but Veggieful was one step ahead of me and had a recipe for a vegan 2 minute sticky date mug pudding. How good is that! 

I ended up making some changes to the recipe in an attempt to make it a bit more healthy :)

This was a perfect way to end my cold and busy day. This incredibly fluffy and delicious dessert was so quick and simple. This will definitely be my future sugar fix. 


Vegan Sticky Date Mug Pudding

Serves 1

Ingredients
  • 6 pitted dried dates, finely chopped
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons plain-flavoured oil (I used sunflower)
  • 1 tablespoon agave nectar
  • 3 tablespoons plain flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon bi-carb soda
  • pinch salt
  • 1 teaspoon flax meal
  • 3 teaspoons water
  • 3 tablespoons soy milk
Directions
  1. Combine the flax meal and water in a bowl, mix and leave in fridge to set for 15 minutes
  2. Add all ingredients to a bowl (including the set flax meal) and whisk vigorously until combined and air has been incorporated into the mixture. (Or preferably, use a processor)
  3. Pour the mixture into the mug and put into the microwave.
  4. Microwave the mixture on high heat for 1 minute 45 to 2 minutes until fluffy.
  5. Pour some maple syrup over the pudding.
  6. Serve immediately and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment