Friday, November 15, 2013

City of Perth Christmas Lights Event in Forrest Place

My friends and I were supposed to go to the Twilight Hawkers Market tonight, but it was cancelled due to the City of Perth Christmas Lights Event. We've never been to this before so we decided to go along and watch the entertainment. There was a huge stage and runway set up and rows and rows of seats were set up for the audience. I've never seen so many people in Forrest Chase before!

It was a lovely family event. There were youth performances and an appearance from Santa and Fat Cat. They lit up the large Christmas tree in Forrest Place and had a beautiful Christmas animation projected onto the side of the side of the Commonwealth Bank. 

I really enjoyed seeing all the kids out with Christmas in their hearts. Very cute. I loved seeing the kids wave to Santa and I walked past one family who were posing for a photo and said "one..two...three...Santa" instead of the usual 1, 2, 3 cheese. 

Christmas time makes me feel super cheerful, but knowing that December 25th is fast approaching makes me realise how fast this year has gone. I kind of want to hang on to all my memories of this year, but at the same time I'm ready for what next year has install. 











After the Christmas show, my friend Nhi took me to 140 William street to have a look at the street art up on the building walls. The project is called 140 Art. Check it out the next time you're in the city!






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming to Rees to see the lights with us, i'm glad it was deem bloggable! :)

    ReplyDelete