Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Donating my hair

Today my good friend Cindy and I donated our pony tails for the Pantene Beautiful Lengths campaign. Neither of us have ever done anything which changes our appearance so drastically, but we knew this was for a good cause so we let the scissors snip away at the hair we've been growing for the past couple of years. 

We went to Sachi For Hair in Dianella plaza and we were in such good hands. The hair stylist who cut our hair was Claire, and wow she is a master with the scissors. It was such a strange feeling when all the hair was cut off, but once our hair had been restyled into the bob cut, I kind of forgot why I was so nervous to begin with because rocking shorter hair is pretty cool. Is this how Beyonce felt when she cut her hair?

Both Cindy and I are so happy with our shorter hairdos. To think, we would never have known that we could pull it off if we didn't take the leap and go for it. I've learnt this lesson many times over this year. Sometimes trying something new, scary as it may seem, turns out to be not that scary at all. It's the best feeling when you are glad you pushed past the fear and made the leap. This makes me think of something I once read about "what-ifs" and not knowing. I love this idea that we should take whatever we have right here and now and make a life so great that we are glad our "what-if" never came to be. Sometimes we don't get what we want, but we will always have something good in our lives. It's best to use all these good things and move forward to creating a better future. Even if it's different from the one we planned, doesn't mean it still can't be good. I love this quote from Marc and Angel Hack Life: "To be upset about what you don't have is a waste of what you do have". 

Love this girl so much. A true friend and an amazing human being :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment