Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Taylor Swift at NIB Stadium, Perth

I'm a fan of Taylor Swift's music. Yes, that's right, I don't mind me a bit of T-Swizzle. Some of her songs may not always reflect how I think and feel about love/pain, but there are so many great songs with equally as great lyrics. 

Being a fan of Taylor, I've already been to one of her concerts here in Perth. However, with her new Red Tour underway in Australia (named so after the title of her newest album Red), I couldn't say no because I thoroughly enjoyed the album. The concert was held out at NIB Stadium along Pier Street in the East Perth region. I've driven past the stadium before but have never stepped foot inside, so this was a first for me.

Some other new firsts for the day included seeing Neon Trees and Guy Sebastian perform. They were Taylor's pre-show performances, and they were absolutely amazing. Great on-stage performances and really talented and unique voices. I particularly liked the fact that the drummer for Neon Trees was a woman, with a rock chick exterior, but an unexpectedly sweet voice. 

The oh so quirky lead singer of Neon Tress




The Taylor show itself was amazing. It was so theatrical, with pretty much every special effect you could think of. There were sparks, smoke, small scale fireworks and confetti with cute little love heart shaped confetti too. The stages moved up and down and rotated 360 degrees. There were about 20 backup dancers/performers who were incredibly talented. They did ballet, walked on stilts, were suspended from the roof while playing drums. Just amazing. The costumes and outfit changes were also incredible. Everyone of stage looked fantastic for every song.




You can't see it too well in this photo, but there are people playing drums as they are pulled up and down from a wire.





I can just imagine how much money would have been put into putting on such a memorable concert, but it was all well worth the cost of the tickets. We were situated in the pit area and so we got a great view of the stage, the dancers and the incredible Miss Swift herself. 

I've been to so many concerts this year, and I'm happy to end my ticket buying binge with Taylor. There's no way to compare her to the other shows I've been to see because she's a different artist from the others and sings with a different style and genre. It really is like comparing apples and oranges. But none the less, I enjoyed the show and I'm so glad that I went to see her for a second time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment